So, this week is tough for me in terms of college. Given that fact, I’m probably not going to write about anything seriously for this next week and I’m running on 5ish hours of sleep. So I’ll just put up some random views I have based on what I’ve seen anime-wise. So might appear later on in a “full-length” post:
- So I just finished watching the Revolutionary Girl Utena TV series and movie for the first time. Overall, it’s really a unique piece of anime, and both works were very entertaining (the movie was like whoa). I’m just wondering why we haven’t seen more of Kunihiko Ikuhara since then? He seems like he can do some more nice stuff. :3
- I also just finished Gankutsuou, and stylistically, it was amazing. However I didn’t really much of an investment in the characters, and because it seemed such a character-driven show, I feel disappointed in how things went. It’s still a pretty decent show.
- Am I one of the few that doesn’t care that the 3 out of the 4 characters in Lucky Star are, to some extent, normal, or that the conversations they have are also “normal”?
- The Gurren-Lagann fiasco has pissed me off. Both sides are in the wrong; GAINAX in allowing someone to make the comments about 2ch that they did and in what I think was overreaction by having Takami Akai stepping down, and 2ch for having it’s vocal majority sort of prove that the negative comments about them are true to such an extent. I have little to no idea how Japanese culture is, so I can’t complain about the unsanctioned letting off of steam or things like that, but it steams me the most because I feel that Gurren-Lagann will probably suffer because of this.
- On a further note on the episode that brought the brouhaha among us, I watched episode 4 of Gurren-Lagann, and I had no problems with it save for Kamina lacking the force he usually did. 😛 As I’ve mentioned before, I try not to have expectations (like with Lucky Star) so I can be surprised by what happens, usually in a good way. Well, episode 4 was very different, but by no means was it problematic to me. It’s good to step outside of the box for a bit.
To appease some people, a nice Yoko pic: