Written by TheBigN
Me being lazy to think up a reasonable (or so I’d like to think) topic + running on three hours of sleep after an essay (“I’m tired”, I said, “You always look tired”, she said) + studying for the final exam before winter break = ?
Cha ra raaaaaaaaaan~ MORE RAMBLINGS (\o/)! Lets begin, I guess.
- So, partly because of Owen, as well as partly because it was just laying there for a couple of months, I have my MAL set up with as much as I can remember. It’s a much more easier interface to work with IMO than AnimeSeen (I still love you though) or what they do at the Anime News Network (But if you like more to your list, that’s fine too), so if you have the time and patience, I’d say it’s a good call to at least organize your anime viewing thoughts. MyAnimeList also touts itself as having a community aspect to it that reminds me of Facebook, only not as… intrusive (though if you don’t want stuff about brought up for all the world to see, don’t put it up there. Common sense, right?). Would you say that it helps foster an anime community, with it’s forums, comparisons of lists, self made blogs, and all that jazz? I’d say that it’s a step up from just ping/trackbacking, and you do get to know more about your fellow anime fan, but I don’t know how effective this will be in the long run. At the moment, it’s at least fun distraction, like a lot of anime is (oh shi-).
- Speaking of Mr. Zaitcev, Yes there’s more Hidamari on the way, because if ANN (the news portion, not necessarily the commentators) says it, it’s probably true. And I’m being serious. ._. Though you probably knew about that already.😛
- And with yet another improbable seque, ANN brings to us another open letter on fansubbing. I actually like that some numbers are being brought up for the anime industry, and how things have changed over time, though sources for said numbers would be fine to. Mr. Smith’s view is kind of iffy with the whole “correlation = causation” thing, but I’m sure that people already knew this. It does seem like the whole situation focuses on how to make anime more profitable for all of the people involved. How do we do that? Hell if I know. But I think continuing to learn a bit more about the demographics that watch anime, e.g. their preferences in viewing shows (Do they watch fansubs? TV? DVDs? All of the above? None of the above? Remember, choose the best answer. :3) or genres (Will viewers be able to watch things outside of their comfort zone? If so, how?) , would be a nice start. But where do we go from here (you know I’m not the only one that thinks that :P)?
- Now something blog related: We’re coming up to the end of the year, and doing this continues to be fun, though the feeling the “urg” (someone catches the reference?) to post every so often can be kind of annoying. So in 10 months, Drastic’s a member of the 50K+ hit club and almost a member of the 80+ post and 500 + comments clubs, if there are any. And no, neither I nor Nomad used illegal substances to get here (</intentional bad joke>). Those stats have exceeded my expectations back when I started this thing, and it will be fun to see how high it will go. P.S. Expect some “Year in Review” related posts in the coming weeks, how little they are left in the year.
- And for one last point, I think the remake of I Am Legend is coming out today, and it something that I’m tempted to watch, though I’ve heard the horror sort of cheapens the movie while Will Smith saves it (since watching it for Will was the point anyway, this bodes good for me). What does this have to do with anime? In a preview I read for the movie, the columnist noted how well the director portrayed a Manhattan that’s empty let still alive. This statement kinda reminded me of something. In this case, it would be an interesting look as to how someone would cope surviving something akin to close to the end of humanity, you know, before the feelings of inevitability and waiting for the end to come occur. So this pre-YKK idea that suddenly pops into my head makes my desire to watch the movie stronger than before. You see where I’m going with this right?
Hopefully I have the chance to see I Am Legend soon.
And with that,
Cha ra ran~ so ends this round of ramblings.